Last month I wrote about a problem I saw with scsi_id and UDEV in OL5.8. As it screwed up all my UDEV rules is was a pretty important issue for me. It turned out this was due to a mainline security fix (CVE-2011-4127) affecting the latest kernels of both RHEL/OL5 and RHEL/OL6. The comments on the previous post show a couple of workarounds.
Over the weekend I started to update a couple of articles that mentioned UDEV rules (here and here) and noticed the problem had dissapeared. I updated two VMs (OL5.8 and OL6.2) with the latest changes, including the UEK updates and ran the tests again and here’s what I got.