Search

Top 60 Oracle Blogs

Recent comments

Case study on some rowcache internals, cached non-existent objects and a describe bug

I got a question regarding Metalink note 296235.1 about a describe bug which causes objects to “disappear” when they are described when database is not open.
It was an interesting case involving a bug, so I wrote a quite long analysis with test cases today. However when posting the entry to wordpress, it managed to completely mess up the formatting. After wasting half an hour trying to get the formatting correct I gave up and saved the article into a PDF instead.